by Daniela Faget
The emotional experience of flying free and feeling closer at the same time, like love at first sight.
The inspiration of this design is in the name - that intoxicating high that consumes you when first falling for someone - that ineffable feeling of instantaneous connection - As if the planets were perfectly aligned right at that moment. I created the arrangement to be grand, with an unexpecting, ambitious, bolt of color on top, to embody that magnificent expression of love blooming, orbiting. The smaller spheres significant of a heavenly body in its periodical revolution around another body. The spheres inside the vase holding the potential of that to come...
(1) 30” Rota Vase
(14) 5” Orbit Vases
Dark pink Aluminum wire
75 stems Orange Unique Roses form Eco Farms
2 stems miniature chartreuse Cymbidium
2 stems chartreuse Dendrobium orchids
Varigated Aspidistra Leaves
1. Filled the orbit containers with water and gently insert dendrobium or Cymbidium orchids inside.
2. Hold vase at an angle, so that you can lay the spheres inside the vase carefully.
3. Once you have Rota vase in place, fill Vase to the top with water, and insert two aspidistra leaves along the inside of the vase perimeter.
4. Cut wire to length, and lay over top of vase, slightly bending wire to stay inside vase.
5. After soaking 8” ball of oasis, cut and insert 75 roses into sphere shape, leaving the bottom part empty.
6. Place rose sphere on top of vase, the exposed oasis is hidden by the leaves (but makes a cleaner insertion than if the ball was completely full of roses.) The weight of the ball holds down the wire, which then has the strength to hold the Orbit spheres wherever you like.
7. Insert orchids into orbit spheres, and wire a few loosely to the thick wire itself for more dimension.
8. Place orbit sphere near bottom of Rota vase to complete design
ELS Says… WHAT A FUN DESIGN! ESPECIALLY THE WAY YOU USED THE ORBIT VASES IN AND OUT OF THE ROTA. I LIKE THE USE OF ORCHIDS. THE ONLY COMMENT I HAVE IS IN REGARDS TO THE ROSE BALL ON TOP. THE SIZE IN COMPARISON WITH THE ROTA VASE. OTHER THAN THAT CONGRATULATIONS.